- About SCAN
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Board of Young Professionals 2021-2022
Lindsay Dillon, Chair
BB&T Scott and Stringfellow
Marly Santoro, Vice-Chair
State Corporation Commission
Davis Barry – Agili, P.C.
Whitney Biggers – Capital One
Emma Byrne – The Literacy Lab
Greg Crapanzano – Williams Mullen
Regan Dillon – HCA Healthcare
Rochelle Fisher – SAS Institute
Will Hamilton – SunTrust Bank
Shiloh Houseworth – Mitchell Wiggins
Nathan Kramer – Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
Katie Meehan – VSC Fire & Security
Kattie Nichols –HandCraft Linen Services
Maggie Nichols –HandCraft Linen Services
Natalie Rees – Mitchell Wiggins
Delysia Riddick – Henrico County Public Schools
Jeremy Santoro – Children’s Hospital of Richmond and VCU Health
Alex Scheller – Altria
Rommi Shtayyeh – Owens & Minor
Erica Sieg – Chesterfield County Court System
J.J. Siegner – Allen, Allen, Allen, and Allen
Chris Sill – SIMA Financial Group
Ashley Silva- Dominion Energy
Sydney Sparks – Harris Williams
Lindsey Strachan – IslerDare
Jessica Strauser – Chesterfield Circuit Court
Sarah Swann – Deloitte
Adrienne C. Taylor – St. Catherine’s School
Valentina Vega – Medical Society of Virginia
Kate Wahl – Capital One
Click here to download an application to join the BYP.
Please return completed application to Sarah Mersereau at email@example.com.
Responsibilities of the Board of Young Professionals:
The Board of Young Professionals (BYP) is responsible for developing and implementing an annual Signature Project providing BYP members with an opportunity to participate in an activity for the children and families served by SCAN. The BYP also is responsible for developing and implementing an annual fundraising event or campaign that encourages giving to SCAN by young professionals in the Greater Richmond Area.
Board members serve for terms of two years and are able to serve unlimited terms. Applying members must be between the ages of 22 and 35. If a member turns 35 during the course of their term, they are eligible to stay on the BYP. The Board of Young Professionals does not receive any compensation.
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members:
- Be informed about the mission, goals, programs, and policies of SCAN as well as child abuse and neglect issues.
- Promote the above in the community at large.
- Participate in public education and fundraising events.
- Make an annual cash donation and assist in fundraising.
- Serve on a minimum of one standing committee.
- Suggest and recruit possible nominees to the BYP who share in the mission of the BYP and GRSCAN.
- Attend and participate in all BYP meetings and standing committee meetings.
- Serve as an ambassador for SCAN to any special group(s) represented by the Member.
- Stewards of Children and SCAN Equity Training within first year of service.
MediaWatch the Director of Pediatric Emergency Services at VCU Medical Center, speak about why SCAN Matters.