- About SCAN
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Board of Young Professionals 2018-2019
Sara Marcus, Chair
Chris Sill, Vice-Chair
SIMA Financial Group
Scott Alouf – CloudBees
Jill Barden –Indivior Inc
Holly Coy –Commonwealth of Virginia
Lindsay Dillon – BB&T Scott and Stringfellow
Christina Edwards – Williams Mullen
Kyle Elliott – Ogletree Deakins
Rochelle Fisher – Virginia Community College System (VCCS)
Kate Lawrence – McGuire Woods, LLP
Katie Marsh – Chesterfield County Public Schools
Mary Elliott Neal – Bowman and Brook LLP
Kattie Nichols –HandCraft Linen Services
Maggie Nichols –HandCraft Linen Services
Brian Pavlik – Dominion Energy
Nora Pavlik – Braley & Thompson
Samantha Platania – Meadows Urquhart Acree & Cook
Megan Pratt – Depomed
Anna Rhoads – Alliant
Courtney Ritter – Altria
Jeremy Santoro – Children’s Hospital of Richmond and VCU Health
Marly Santoro – VA Association of Area Agencies on Aging
Rommi Shtayyeh – Owens & Minor
Ashley Silva- Owens & Minor
Allison Smith – Grafton Integrated Health Services/University of Richmond School of Law
Elliot Staley- CloudBees
Lindsey Strachan- Jackson Lewis
Sarah Swann – Deloitte
Adrienne C. Taylor – St. Catherine’s School
Click here to download an application to join the BYP.
Please return completed application to Kristen Byrd at email@example.com or fax to 804-257-7109.
Responsibilities of the Board of Young Professionals:
The Board of Young Professionals (BYP) is responsible for developing and implementing an annual Signature Project providing BYP members with an opportunity to participate in an activity for the children and families served by SCAN. The BYP also is responsible for developing and implementing an annual fundraising event or campaign that encourages giving to SCAN by young professionals in the Greater Richmond Area.
Board members serve for terms of two years and are able to serve unlimited terms. Applying members must be between the ages of 22 and 35. If a member turns 35 during the course of their term, they are eligible to stay on the BYP. The Board of Young Professionals does not receive any compensation.
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members:
- Be informed about the mission, goals, programs, and policies of SCAN as well as child abuse and neglect issues.
- Promote the above in the community at large.
- Participate in public education and fundraising events.
- Make an annual cash donation and assist in fundraising.
- Serve on a minimum of one standing committee.
- Suggest and recruit possible nominees to the BYP who share in the mission of the BYP and GRSCAN.
- Attend and participate in all BYP meetings and standing committee meetings.
- Serve as an ambassador for SCAN to any special group(s) represented by the Member.
- Attend Trauma 101 and Stewards of Children within first year of service.
MediaWatch the Director of Pediatric Emergency Services at VCU Medical Center, speak about why SCAN Matters.