- About SCAN
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Board of Young Professionals 2016-2017
Wilson Flohr, Chair
Porter Real Estate Company/Commercial Real Estate
Christina Edwards, Vice Chair
Jill Barden –Indivior Inc
Erin Barr – Chesterfield Country Commonwealth Attorneys Office
C. Armistead Blanton, IV – M&T Bank
Holly Coy –Commonwealth of Virginia
Joseph Crews – Viking SupplyNet
Sarah Crews – Genworth
Matt Curtin – Impact Makers
Sam Dibert, Jr. – Dibert Valve and Fitting Company, Inc.
Christina Edwards – Williams Mullen
Kristen Johnson – Virginia Community College System
Brooke Joyce – Altria
Rachel Joyce – Virginia Commonwealth Investments/Choice One Real Estate
Megan Kettyle – UMFS
Sara Marcus – SingleStone
Jessica Majkowycz – Randolph-Macon College
Elaine Minor – Community Volunteer
Brian Pavlik – Dominion
Nora Pavlik – Braley & Thompson
Megan Pratt – Depomed
Anna Rhoads – Willis Towers Watson
Jeremy Santoro – Children’s Hospital of Richmond and VCU Health
Chris Sill – Digital Benefits Advisors
Ashley Silva- KPMG
Elliot Staley- CloudBees
Lindsey Strachan- Ogletree Deakins
Adrienne C. Taylor – St. Catherine’s School
Brooke Tudeen – The Martin Agency
Martha Woodruff – Capital One
Click here to download an application to join the BYP.
Please return completed application to Kristen Byrd at email@example.com or fax to 804-257-7109.
Responsibilities of the Board of Young Professionals:
The Board of Young Professionals (BYP) is responsible for developing and implementing an annual Signature Project providing BYP members with an opportunity to participate in an activity for the children and families served by SCAN. The BYP also is responsible for developing and implementing an annual fundraising event or campaign that encourages giving to SCAN by young professionals in the Greater Richmond Area.
Board members serve for terms of two years and are able to serve unlimited terms. Applying members must be between the ages of 22 and 35. If a member turns 35 during the course of their term, they are eligible to stay on the BYP. The Board of Young Professionals does not receive any compensation.
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members:
- Be informed about the mission, goals, programs, and policies of SCAN as well as child abuse and neglect issues.
- Promote the above in the community at large.
- Participate in public education and fundraising events.
- Make an annual cash donation and assist in fundraising.
- Serve on a minimum of one standing committee.
- Suggest and recruit possible nominees to the BYP who share in the mission of the BYP and GRSCAN.
- Attend and participate in all BYP meetings and standing committee meetings.
- Serve as an ambassador for SCAN to any special group(s) represented by the Member.
- Attend Trauma 101 and Stewards of Children within first year of service.
MediaWatch the Director of Pediatric Emergency Services at VCU Medical Center, speak about why SCAN Matters.