- About SCAN
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Greater Richmond SCAN (Stop Child Abuse Now)
Effective Date: May 25, 2016
This policy applies to information we collect:
- automatically through this Website (e.g., when you click on a link to a different page of the Website); and
- when you provide it using this Website (e.g., when you make a donation or contact us through the Website).
This policy applies only to information collected by this Website. It does not apply to information collected by:
- SCAN offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by SCAN or its affiliate organizations; or
- any third party, including our affiliate organizations, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address or telephone number (“personally identifiable information”); and
- that is about you but does not identify you individually, such as aggregate information on the number and frequency of visits to various pages on our Website.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when
- you register for our newsletter via our Website;
- you make a donation to SCAN or purchase a product via our Website;
SCAN processes online donations through a third party called Bloomerang and processes online product purchases through a third party called GiveSmart. These third parties collect your credit card information to process your payment. Any sensitive information that is collected and processed by them is encrypted. We do not keep your credit card information on file. When you donate or make a purchase online, SCAN does obtain personally identifiable information such as name, zip code and email address. There is always an option to donate anonymously.
o you contact us via our Website, for example by our “Contact Us” link;
o you apply online to become a volunteer;
When you contact us via our Website or apply online to become a volunteer, we will retain the information you provide to respond to your inquiries and will also include you on our e-newsletter list.
We only collect personally identifiable information from users when users provide it to us.
- automatically as you navigate through the Website.
Like most websites, this Website uses various technologies such as cookies, web beacons or Internet tags to passively collect information as you navigate the Website. Information collected automatically is saved as log files and may include, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, as well as aggregate information on the number and frequency of visits to various pages on our site. Most websites collect such information. This information is encrypted and does not identify individual users and we do not link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information.
Please note that our Website does not respond to browser do-not-track requests.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you and to provide you with our e-newsletter.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To process an online donation or purchase.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- So we can make improvements to our Website and increase your satisfaction with our services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to keep personally identifiable information confidential and in a secure environment. Information collected through our website is encrypted and transferred over a secure connection.
Greater Richmond SCAN does not sell, share or disclose personally identifiable information about you with any third parties for their own marketing purposes. We do not sell, share or disclose donor information, except that we may share your name if you make a donation to Greater Richmond SCAN via our Website unless you request to give anonymously.
We may share automatically collected data, described above, with affiliates. Such automatically collected data does not identify individual users.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Greater Richmond SCAN. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such other websites.
Changing Your Information
If you would like to update or otherwise change the personally identifiable contact information we have for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (804) 257-7226.
Because we do not maintain credit card information you submit online via Just Give or GreaterGiving, please do not email credit card information to us.
Unsubscribing From SCAN Communications
You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletter by unsubscribing through a link in the newsletter. You may also email us at email@example.com to request that we unsubscribe you. Should you wish not to receive other communications from us, please contact Greater Richmond SCAN at (804) 257-7226.
SCAN Contact Information