- About SCAN
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
SCAN’s Family Support Program provides weekly treatment groups and psycho-educational groups for families that have experienced or are at high risk of experiencing child abuse and/or neglect. This year, the Family Support Program started a pilot group that met twice a week, instead of the standard one a week meeting, with a fantastic outcome.
We would like to share some inspiring numbers and feedback from parents who recently completed this class.
- The twice a week group started with 14 clients and 11 graduated. (79%!)
- 91% of parents showed improvement in at least 3 out of the 5 measured areas on the Adult-Adolescent Parenting Inventory (AAPI). AAPI is a validated and reliable inventory used to assess parenting attitudes
- 91% of parents indicated they were less likely to use physical discipline.
- “I came into this class expecting the worse, but had the best experience. Natalie was a great instructor.”
- Coping strategies to use: “Exercise, take a walk, remove myself from the situation.”
- Ways to nurture: “Praise them when they are right.” “Talk to them and be a better listener.”
- Goals: “Change the way I was thinking, and break the cycle.”
We are so thankful for our amazing instructors, and the work they are doing with parents and children in our community.
To learn more about the Family Support Program, click here.